STUDENT AND GRADUATE OPPORTUNITIES
ALL ABOUT US.
Who is Santander Bank?
We’re originally from Spain. Specifically, Madrid. As part of one of the largest, best-capitalized retail and commercial banks in Europe – Banco Santander – we have over 200,000 employees working with more than 125 million customers around the world.
Here in the United States, we’re headquartered in Boston. This is our base for serving the Northeast and bringing simplified, personal banking to everyone in the region. Right now, we’re at over 10,000 employees, and when you bring your bright ideas and go-getter attitude to our team, you’ll have the chance to build on our success and take your career to the next level.
Here are some achievements we’re extremely excited about:
- Banco Santander’s Executive Chairman, Ana Botín, was ranked #1 in Fortune’s Most Powerful Women in Business Outside the U.S. in both 2016 and 2017
- #1 Bank in the Eurozone
- #1 Financial Group in Latin America
- Global Bank of the Year – The Banker, 2017
- Best Bank in the Americas – The Banker Awards, 2016
- World’s Best Bank – SME – Euromoney, 2017
- World’s Most Valuable Brands – Forbes, 2016
- The World’s Greenest Banks – Bloomberg, 2014
INTERNSHIPS: GET ON A NEW LEVEL.
You have the skills. You have the drive. All you need is a place where you can make the most of them. Our Summer Internship Program will allow you to do exactly that. Alongside your daily responsibilities, you’ll have the opportunity to work on special projects and impactful assignments relevant to your studies. There’s a lot to look forward to, including:
- Summer Intern New Hire Orientation
- Senior Leadership Speaker Series
- Professional Development Seminars
- Community Involvement & Volunteer Activities
- Social & Networking Events
The road may not end here. We’re always on the lookout for top talent and sharp skills. At the end of the internship, we may find that we can’t live without you, and may consider you for a full-time position after you graduate.
One of the most important details to know is that our Summer Internship Programs lasts 12 weeks, it’s full-time, and it runs from early June to late August.
DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO DO?
Here are some of the different business areas that may offer Summer Internships:
- Business Planning & Administration
- Change Management
- Corporate & Investment Banking
- Corporate Communications
- Credit Management & Underwriting
- Decision Sciences
- Digital Marketing
- Event Management
- Human Resources
- Information Security
- Information Technology
- Internal Audit
- International Trade & Commercial Finance
- Risk Management
- Strategy & Corporate Development
- Transaction Banking
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO APPLY?
As well as a can-do attitude and a passion for doing great things, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- Current student in your penultimate year of study
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0*
- Ability to work 40 hours per week for 12 consecutive weeks
- Career interest in the field for which you are applying
- Authorization to work in the United States
*Note: Some placements may require a higher minimum cumulative GPA.
This program does not include visa sponsorship opportunities.
Set a reminder on your phone and update your calendar. If you miss the application period, you will not be able to join the program. We begin looking for candidates in early fall, with interviews occurring on a rolling basis from October through mid-December. Apply here online, and good luck!
JUST GRADUATED? LET’S TALK ABOUT OPTIONS FOR YOUR FUTURE
Financial Analyst Rotational Program
Want to become a fearless Finance Leader driving the future of Santander? If so, we’ve built our Financial Analyst Rotational Program (FAR) just for you.
The scoop on the program:
- Two 12-month rotations across areas such as Strategy, Business Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, Capital Management, and Accounting
- Responsibilities include special projects and monthly deliverables
- Lots of interaction and communication with Finance and Business Executive Management
- New graduates are hired each spring
- Applications submitted directly to job listings on the careers website
- The FAR program begins each year in June; job postings are available in September so be sure to check back at that time and apply.
Once you’ve finished your two rotations, you’ll be more than ready for your next steps and have the opportunity to work full time in a role related to your interests and performance.
Commercial Credit Training Program
Want to make an impact in investment banking? Break into commercial banking? The Santander Commercial Credit Training Program (SCCTP) may be the right fit.
Here’s the details:
- 12-month comprehensive credit training program with placement in the Commercial and Global Corporate banking businesses
- 7 weeks of formal classroom credit training followed by 10 months of continuous education and bank product and service training
- Graduation after 12 months, with requirements including examinations, individual and group assessments during the classroom training, and all Continuous Education training
- New graduates are hired each spring
- The SCCTP program begins each year in June; job postings are available in September so be sure to check back at that time and apply.
Sound good? All you have to do is go through the program and we’ll find a role for you in either our Commercial or Global Corporate Banks doing work you’ll have the skills and training for.