Sr. Specialist, Universal Banking OperationsApply
The Universal Operations Specialist (UOS) is a branch leadership role specializing in customer service, sales, and branch operations. A Universal Operations Specialist is responsible for ensuring operational integrity and compliance for the entire branch, including both sales and service functions. The UOS is responsible for overall customer satisfaction by ensuring to meet the financial needs of our customers. The UOS will identify the financial needs of the customer at the Teller transaction window, Banker desk, in the branch lobby, or during outside branch activities depending on branch needs and customer volume.
Following Santander’s prescribed service behaviors and structured sales process, the UOS acquires and maintains customer relationships by identifying and understanding the financial needs of a customer or prospect. The UOS recommends appropriate solutions to meet customer needs and provides excellent customer service. If necessary, the UOS effectively facilitates referral of the customer to a specialist who can assist in meeting a specific need. The UOS is responsible to ensure error free and accurate completion of all customer requests including: routine bank transactions, account openings, loan applications, servicing requests, and loan closings. The UOS will also have an in depth knowledge of alternative banking channels and will demonstrate to our customers how to use them.
The UOS is the branch expert regarding bank policies, procedures, and compliance. They ensure that the entire branch team supports and remains in compliance with all audits, security, and regulatory procedures. The UOS processes all transactions accurately, and handles cash effectively so that each day they successfully balance their cash drawer. They are also responsible to effectively manage settlement and resolution of cash differences of the branch, escalating performance issues for management action. The UOS will handle operations responsibilities that include the vault cash, custodial responsibility for the branch’s ATM, completing audits and other operational control measures. In branches where there is a Teller, the UOS will partner with the Branch Manager to ensure that he is mentored and effectively trained. The UOS may be called upon to perform additional duties in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Accurately processes transactions within balancing guidelines
- Coaches and mentors Universal Bankers and Teller staff so that they accurately process customer transactions and successfully balance cash boxes
- Demonstrates ownership of any customer problem or request, following up to ensure effective resolution and customer satisfaction
- Identifies service into sales opportunities and provides recommendations of bank products and services through following a prescribed process during any customer interaction
- Opens new accounts with no errors and follows up to ensure opened successfully and follows all NAO processes including Explore Notes, Walk Out working etc.
- Oversees BSA compliance, cash levels and overs/shorts
- Performs other duties and tasks as requested, in the absence of the custodian.
- Manages accurate and timely balancing of branch ATMs
- Processes loan applications and closes loans according to guidelines
- Provides outstanding customer service by following prescribed service behaviors
- Responsible for the overall operational management of the branch including Sound Branch Operations Checklist (SBOC) management and the performance of the branch with Corporate Risk Audits, BCI and Regulatory Reviews
- Complies with all bank policies and procedures, as well as audit, regulatory, and security protocols
- Reviews transactions and approves/declines according to Lead Team Member Authority, Successfully manages the execution of branch cash audits and other branch audits
- Minimum of 1 years of operational experience within a financial related organization or other related industry
- Exceptional computer knowledge and Windows skills required
- At least 1 year of experience
- Ability to coach and mentor others
- Ability to make sound decisions and exceptions to policy when warranted
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and handle stressful situations
- Ability to resolve customer issues in a timely manner
- Knowledge of bank products and services
- Skilled in engaging customers/prospects in a sales conversation and optimizing sales opportunities
- Skilled in understanding and managing retail branch operations including policy, procedures, compliance, and security
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- In compliance with the requirements outlined within the Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a credit check as part of, and in addition to, the existing background check for all positions where one must perform job functions of a loan originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule. In order to be eligible for this position you must have a valid US Social Security at the time of application
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location:Connecticut-West Hartford-342 North Main Street - 00519 - Bishops Corner - Branch
Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001)
Job Posting:Dec 5, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply