Mortgage Loan Officer - Framingham, MAApply
- Exclusive Branch Referrals
- Aggressive Transition Dollars
- Bonus Payments for Established Pipelines and Book of Business
- Extensive Product Mix Including:
- Competitive Portfolio Suite
- Government Programs
- Outstanding Pricing on Construction to Permanent, CRA and Jumbo Loans
- Top Tier Ramp Up Structure and Compensation
- Competitive Rates and Commission Plan
- Local Operations Support for Processing, Underwriting and Closing
- Comprehensive Benefits with Day One Eligibility, and 401 (k) Generous Company Match
As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
- Soliciting mortgage loan customers, industry contacts and groups to capture mortgage loan business.
- Interviewing applicants to obtain pertinent information regarding their loan needs.
- Initiating the lending decision process.
- Providing service to customers seeking mortgage loans.
- Ensuring compliance to Retail Mortgage Lending policies and procedures. Performing work in conjunction with outside sales including completing loan applications and paperwork and preparing marketing/sales materials.
- Updating databases of loan products for sale and referral services.
- Calling, writing and e-mailing clients or prospects.
- Assisting in coordinating marketing and training programs.
- Studying and evaluating new activities, policies, programs, services and markets related to business development strategy.
- Working with team members in Mortgage Banking Division and other departments to provide information for prompt processing and closing of residential mortgage loan applications.
- Maintaining current knowledge of trends and developments in local real estate market as well as regulations concerning residential mortgage lending.
- Providing service and overseeing all actions during the loan origination process for managing the relationship with the customer ensuring that the mortgage loan closes based upon mutually acceptable terms.
- Developing and cultivating self-generated referral sources and partnerships with retail branches.
- Managing mortgage pipeline, assisting customers, inputting applications, and reviewing financial and credit data.
- Preparing marketing plans and cross-selling other bank products and services.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- 2+ years of Retail Mortgage lending work experience is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in residential mortgage origination, FHA experience preferred.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan regulatory requirements and residential loan products.
- PC proficiency.
- Proven sales track record.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to assess financial needs and the ability to work with minimal supervision is essential.
- In compliance with the requirements outlined within the Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a credit check as part of, and in addition to, the existing background check for all positions where one must perform job functions of a loan originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule. In order to be eligible for this position you must have a valid US Social Security at the time of application.
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Framingham-5 Whittier Street - 06365 - Whittier Street-Corp
Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001)
Job Posting:Nov 26, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply