Small Business Banking Market ManagerApply
The Small Business, Market Director provides leadership, supervision, direction and guidance to sales professionals in local markets. Leads efforts to develop business, including directing all sales & service, expense controls, revenue goals, and managing key partnerships that are essential to the success of the overall business. Responsible for developing strategic marketing and business plans in local markets to drive profitability and developing a culture of talent.
- Actively participates in the development of overall policies, programs, objectives and strategic plans
- Formulates and implements business development strategies, marketing strategic and public relationship strategies directed toward achieving market penetration and expansion in market
- Plays a significant role in civic and community affairs to promote the Company and support business initiative
- Provides direct leadership to sales force in growing market share, fee income, customer retention, new business development, service delivery, goal achievement and community leadership
- Responsible for market P & L which may include: Deposit and Loan Fees, Expenses, Provisions, and other ancillary allocated incomes and expenses
- Bachelor's Degree; or equivalent work experience
- 9-12 years; Prior Financial Services/Industry Specific experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Proven track record of production.
- Ability to collaborate, foster team work and lead a team of sales professionals.
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Extensive progressive managerial experience in business development, risk management, industry knowledge and banking regulations.
- Recognized as a true industry leader, skilled in identifying and defining problems, properly select and analyzes relevant facts to reach sound conclusions while exercising sound judgment.
- Strong strategic and leadership skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Applies detailed knowledge of the organizations products and services to own analysis and recommendations
- Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributions
- Understands and leverages team dynamics
- Considers multiple business and financial factors when weighing the merits of alternative risk strategies
- Has extensive experience in interpreting and analyzing a variety of financial data to diagnose significant or unusual operational risks
- Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages Asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view
- Ensures that all directs and colleagues have appropriate knowledge of risk and the regulatory environment
- Investigates and identifies the root cause and corrects items deemed non-compliant, regardless of pressures from business or management
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks,
- Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results
- Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects
- Looks for creative approaches to providing or improving services that may increase efficiency and decrease cost
- Applies customer feedback toward improving and innovating services
- Recognizes potential and multiple impacts of change and acts as a coach to help people understand and prepare for change
- Takes proactive action to maintain relationships that are impacted by change
- Takes responsibility for and deals effectively with complex and sensitive customer issues and complaints
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively makes recommendations
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location:Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-1500 Market Street - 06439 - 1500 Market Street-Corp
Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001)
Job Posting:Jan 10, 2019, 4:41:55 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply