ABL Business Development Officer (Philly/NJ/NY)
ABL Business Development Officer (Philly/NJ/NY)-1905239
DescriptionSantander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government.
Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The ABL Business Development Officer is responsible for originating viable new business opportunities in the ABL business unit through relationship development and cultivation.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Actively prospects, maintains and develops a network both externally and internally.
- Generates leads through new and existing contacts directly with potential customers and through the business community including sponsor groups, financial intermediaries, accountants, lawyers, advisory firms and other COI’s.
- Uses effective financial sales processes to successfully negotiate with customers and internal constituents to optimize transaction results.
- Levers strong credit and structuring skills to identify needs, design solutions and maximize customer engagement and positive outcomes.
- Responsible for working closely with customers and credit partners to develop customer-specific financing solutions that meet Santander Bank’s criteria and coordinating loan proposals and underwritings.
- Engages product partners (cash management, FX, interest rates, etc.) with prospects as appropriate to deliver comprehensive solution and maximize revenue.
- Handles internal referrals, attends industry events (e.g. CFA, TMA, ACG, etc.) and represents Santander in a positive and professional way.
- Maintains a well-sorted database of prospects and referral sources.
- Prepares deal-briefing memos for select prospects.
- Manages relationships externally with clients.
- 12 - 15 years of relevant Commercial Lending/ABL industry new business development experience
- Excellent Commercial Lending credit and loan structuring skills
- Excellent collaboration skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Excellent knowledge of banking commercial products
- Excellent sales, presentation, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
Primary Location:Pennsylvania-Philadelphia-1500 Market Street - 06439 - 1500 Market Street-Corp
Other Locations:New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street - 06547 - NY Corp, New Jersey-Florham Park-200 Park Avenue - 06400 - Florham Park
Organization:Commercial Banking (4700)
Job Posting:Sep 30, 2019, 1:59:26 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO