Syndicated Loans Undergraduate Spring Co-OpApply
Co-Op Program Experience
Santander Bank’s Co-Op Program provides participants with a meaningful, relevant work experience as part of their academic studies. In addition to daily responsibilities, participants may be provided special projects and assignments, and will have the opportunity to participate in a series of structured activities designed to enhance their learning experience including:
- Co-Op New Hire Orientation
- Senior Leadership Speaker Series
- Professional Development Seminars
- Community Involvement & Volunteering
- Social & Networking Events
Santander Bank is committed to identifying and developing strong early career talent for our future workforce. As such, dependent upon individual performance and the Bank’s hiring needs, participants may be considered for full-time opportunities upon completion of the Co-Op Program.
The Spring Co-Op Program is a 24-week, full-time program which runs from January 8 – June 22, 2018.
The Syndicated Loans Analyst Co-Op will be responsible for assisting in the origination, structuring and execution of syndicated loans and acquisition finance transactions for US global corporate clients of Santander’s Global Corporate Banking.
- Research and analyze clients’ financial profile and market dynamics to assist in the identification of potential opportunities, including for event-driven transactions such as acquisitions.
- Assist in the structuring and execution of loan transactions, including reviewing deal documentation, supporting due diligence efforts, performing transaction return analysis, assisting in the preparation of risk approval submissions, and working with various departments within the Bank to ensure proper processing of deals through closing.
- Support in the preparation of client pitch books and proposals, marketing materials and management of internal presentations/reports.
- Liaise with different areas of the Bank, such as Corporate Banking, Debt Capital Markets, Risk, Legal, and Operations.
New York, NY
Application Deadline & Timeline
Students must submit a complete application to both the Santander Internship Jobs site and the NU Careers site by October 27, 2017. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis through early December.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Must have an expected graduation date between December 2018 – June 2019.
- Must have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours per week, for the duration of the program.
Note: U.S. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Major in Business or related field.
- Solid knowledge of finance and corporate accounting.
- Strong analytical and communication skills, with superior attention to detail and professional demeanor.
- Ability to take initiative and function independently while working effectively in a team environment.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Primary Location:New York-New York
Job Posting:Sep 28, 2017, 3:22:54 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply