Sr. Associate, Market RiskApply
The Sr. Associate, Market Risk is responsible for daily monitoring and reporting of the Company's client facilitation portfolios, related hedges and ALM Structural FX Exposures. Monitoring includes computing value at risk and market risk metrics, conducting stress testing and back-testing and economic P&L of the portfolios and related hedges, FX credit value adjustments (CVA) calculation and FX Exposure reconciliation.
Reporting responsibilities includes compliance with established limits, evaluation of hedge effectiveness, profit and loss reporting, and the risk profile of the portfolio, validate new product valuation model and conduct risk analysis and test positions in corporate system.
- Develops and maintains daily risk reporting on the portfolio for both front office and management including compliance with trade limits and risk limits and excess communication and analysis.
- Develops and upgrades VBA Macro and MS Access database development to facilitate reporting if risk exposure and MTM Comparison.
- Liaisons with trading desk, local support groups, methodology and IT. provide comprehensive views of risk exposure to senior management. Provide required analysis, reports and documentations for Auditors and Bank regulators.
- Monitors FX risk in Structured FX Product and ALM Portfolio and communication with Treasury, Financial Control and Operation. Conduct Monthly FX Exposure Reconciliation with Financial Control.
- Monitors P&L for Rates and FX Desks and assist with the daily pricing of hedge positions. Reconcile positions and valuations between corporate systems and front Office Systems.
- Processes FX Credit Value Adjustment (CVA) calculation for client.
- Processes Stress Testing; reviews and develops worse case scenarios and comments on the causes of PL for improvements.
- Processes and investigates the portfolio Value at Risk (VaR), Market Risk Metrics, Interest Rate and FX sensitivities through the corporate risk systems.
- Validates quantitative valuation models and conduct test risk analysis in corporate risk system for new products and positions.
- Bachelor's Degree; Business, Finance, Management, or equivalent field.,or equivalent work experience;
- 9-12 years; Risk Management/Controls
- Ability to adapt and adjust to multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive issues/projects to closure.
- Ability to direct, train and guide peers, subordinates and management.
- Ability to effectively interact with the market, executive management and vendors.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution with other groups to ensure appropriate accounting guidance is followed.
- Ability to independently operate in a complex, matrixed environment; adept at delivering and maintaining productive working relationships across business, functions, geographies and lines of defense.
- Advanced market risk, process, and control validation and/or assessment skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Knowledge of workflow/processes and risks/controls, including: origination, underwriting, servicing, and collections/workout.
- Strong market risk management principles, methodologies and tools, governance principles and activity preferably in a financial services technology environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributions.
- Understands and leverages team dynamics.
- Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages Asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view,
- Ensures people receive the information they require, and brings the team together to share information.
- Ensures that all directs and colleagues have appropriate knowledge of risk and the regulatory environment.
- Investigates and identifies the root cause and corrects items deemed non-compliant, regardless of pressures from business or management,
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services.
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks
- Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results
- Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects,
- Keeps up -to-date with external market events, pressures and regulations which may impact the organization and assesses whether similar issues exist in the organization
- Can identify functional and organizational implications associated with major trends
- Designs solutions to address industry activities that impact the organization,
- Monitors adherence to policies, regulations, processes and procedures within function and actively undertakes corrective action where necessary
- Understands end to end processes across the organization and how processes are integrated
- Has a practical knowledge of regulations impacting area supported
Primary Location:New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street - 06547 - NY Corp
Job Posting:Jan 2, 2019, 10:24:24 AM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply