Sr. Analyst, Community Development FinanceApply
The Community Development Finance (CDF) Portfolio Manager for the CDF program at Santander Bank N.A. has responsibility for managing closed Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) eligible Bank investments including Low-Income Housing Tax Credit, New Market Tax Credit, Small Business Investment Fund and other community development loans and investments. The Portfolio Manager will help ensure compliance with the Bank’s investment and lending guidelines, the CRA regulation and Internal Revenue Service requirements. The Analyst will also help develop enhanced processes, platforms or databases related to CRA eligible loans and investments.
- Help manage closed investments and loans by maintaining internal information and documentation. For LIHTC investments, collect and analyze investor reporting data from , and collect tax returns, audits, rent rolls, and quarterly financial statements for direct investments. Update tax credit delivery schedules, LIHTC benefits and provide a summary of K-1s and audits received to the Tax and Accounting departments. For other investments, including small business funds, ensure quarterly and annual reporting is received. Ensure all documentation is maintained in Bank systems.
- Reconcile and track investment balances and coordinate financial and tax reporting with internal departments (Accounting, Tax, and Finance). Manage payment processes with internal partners. Tracking all distributions and fees that the CDF portfolio generates.
- Prepare portfolio management reports and data for portfolio reviews and committee meetings.
- Identify, assess and inform management of potential and actual economic risks. Help coordinate internal risk rating and asset valuation process. Work with third party asset management partners to recommend strategies to minimize risk. Perform financial analysis and loan documentation review/analysis.
- Assist in creating information systems necessary to efficient analysis and reporting, including database and spreadsheet tools.
- Prepare and compile CDF investment and loan related materials required as part of Santander Bank’s CRA exam.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics
- Three years of work experience in finance. Experience in commercial real estate, affordable housing, or community development finance preferable.
- Knowledge of tax credit investment programs and related state and federal regulations, including the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), New Market Tax Credit (NMTC), Community Development Finance Institutions (CDFIs) lending, and other tax credit regulations
- Ability to analyze financial statements, pro formas, construction loan documents, legal documents, partnership agreements, real estate and company valuations, and discounted cash flow analyses
- Understanding of commercial credit policies, credit quality monitoring and risk administration practices
- Proficiency in MS Windows including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Access
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, manage, and lead projects
Primary Location:New York-New York-200 Liberty Street - 06488 - Liberty Street
Organization:Legal & Corp. Affairs (8830)
Job Posting:Mar 15, 2019, 6:07:00 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply