Senior Credit Risk OfficerApply
Senior Credit Risk Officer-1807462
This Risk Department is responsible for the credit analysis and risk rating of a portfolio of corporate clients in the Global Corporate Banking (GCB) segment. The Risk Officer monitors and proactively manages risk/exposure and compliance with Credit Policy for assigned portfolio. Responsible for evaluating financial performance of GCB borrower, and proposing an appropriate risk rating. Responsible for making decisions or recommendations on renewals, modifications, etc.
Works in conjunction with Relationship Managers and clients. Primary responsibility is the underwriting and approval of credit transactions.
Other responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Monitoring of industry developments as well as reviewing the quarterly financial results of these clients.
- Insuring compliance remain within portfolio limits.
- Ensuring quality and soundness of all credit transactions.
- Assist in obtaining credit committee approvals; ensuring compliance with Credit Policy; reviewing legal documentation.
- Conduct annual industry analysis (precla) as required
- Credit file maintenance in accordance to requirement per credit policy
- Review of the credit files, monitor credit exposure and limits
- Manage portfolios & control risk positions
- Prepare presentations and documentations for new transactions to be presented in the banks credit committees
- Respond to questions received in the committee as they arise.
- Prepare internal risk ratings on assigned portfolios in accordance with the banks credit policy and guidelines
- Perform credit analysis and credit report write-up on assigned portfolios.
- Economic analysis
- Strong oral, writing, and communication skills
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint and Excel (advanced level)
- Strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Thorough knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles, Credit Policy, applicable laws and industry data sources
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, finance or economics
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location:New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street - SANNY - Santander NY
Organization:Santander Corp. & Inv. Banking (9900)
Job Posting:Dec 21, 2018, 4:09:37 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply