Head of Banking & Corporate FinanceApply
Head of Banking & Corporate Finance-1901927
Santander’s US Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) division is a global business unit that provides tailored services and high value-added wholesale products to client companies with a global presence and over $2bn in annual revenue. The core CIB US businesses include Corporate & Investment Banking, Global Transactional Banking, Global Debt Financing, Markets and Private Debt Mobilization. CIB also has a first line of defense team which includes Credit Management, Data Management, Operations, Risk and Compliance.
Within CIB, we are currently seeking a U.S. Head of Banking and Corporate Finance, reporting into the Head of Santander’s Corporate and Investment Banking in the U.S. The Head of Banking and Corporate Finance will be a member of the CIB US Executive Committee. This role is based in Midtown, NY.
Responsible for setting & driving the strategic direction and mandate for the Banking and Corporate Finance team, including but not limited it:
- Oversee all origination activities, including the maintaining and uptiering of current relationships, developing new relationships and prospecting within existing & untapped markets.
- Identify opportunities for CIB to become a trusted and strategic advisor to clients.
- Promote and seek out cross sell opportunities across the client base in close coordination with the Product teams.
- Utilize knowledge of markets, industries and clients to determine demand, future trends and potential prospects.
- Coordination with Heads of CIB in Santander’s global network to assess and determine opportunities that will benefit the CIB strategy.
- Manage & mentor the Banking and Corporate Finance U.S. team including senior coverage bankers and junior support staff.
- Work effectively and proactively with areas such as Credit, Risk Legal, Compliance and Middle Office.
- Provide oversight and adhere to an established budget.
- At least 15+ years of Corporate Banking experience, including experience managing a large scale business.
- Ability to provide overall business direction and strategy
- Proven achievement of business line P&L
- Knowledge of multiple industries
- Extensive C-suite level relationships within the market
- Strong product understanding/experience within a Wholesale Banking platform
Primary Location:New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street - 06547 - NY Corp
Organization:Santander Corp. & Inv. Banking (9900)
Job Posting:Mar 29, 2019, 1:03:03 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply