Credit Risk Specialist - Subscription FinanceApply
The, Credit Risk 2nd Line of Defense (Corporate & Investment Banking Subscription & Asset Backed (NAV) Fund Finance) is responsible for partnering with the accountable business owners within 1st line of defense Subscription & Asset Backed Fund Finance Risk Management and Controls. S/he is responsible for the remediation of the internal control environment within the business line and/or function area; as well as building and maintaining a strong internal controls capabilities for the first line of defense risk management and controls within the business line and/or functional area.
The candidate will provide review and challenge for all new and existing proposals from the Subscription & Asset Backed Fund Finance Business. Subscription & Asset Backed Fund Finance underwriting experience is a critical skillset for the role. Industry experience within Subscription & Asset Backed Fund Finance sectors is preferred.
- Ensures and executes ongoing maintenance of controls, mitigation plans, testing, and/o Subscription & Asset Backed Fund Finance credit risk assessments
- Influences others at an operational level regarding new concepts, best practices and approaches related to credit risk mitigation, credit risk identification and resolution, and/or credit risk management
- Leads special risk mitigation projects and/or programs, business continuity and other incident response and security related activities supporting Subscription & Asset Backed Fund Finance industry best practices, improved efficiency, effectiveness and risk reductions
- Monitors assigned lending units compliance with credit policy and underwriting standards
- Oversees and ensures consistent quality control, accuracy, and compliance with internal policies and regulatory requirements for reporting processes
- Participates in the development of Subscription & Asset Backed Fund Finance lending underwriting standards and guidelines as well as being responsible for the overall credit quality monitoring of portfolios, including the review of delinquencies, risk ratings, industries, etc.
- Partners with the accountable business owner for effective 1st line of defense Risk Management and Controls
- Provides independent oversight of all aspects of credit quality of assigned portfolios, including the daily approval process of individual credits and the formal review process of the portfolio as a whole
- Provides robust review and challenge of all Credit Presentations
- Provides oversights on risk-management content/processes followed by the 2nd line of defense
- Reviews Relationship Managers workload and credit assignments of assigned units, and making recommendations as required
- Systematizes ad hoc reporting for line of businesses and team members to facilitate miscellaneous senior and executive management reporting and status updates as needed
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other team members
- Ability to analyze risk and design efficient control practices and processes to remediate/minimize risk
- Ability to interact with all levels of management, work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize activities, manage conflicts of interest, delegate, and meet deadlines while working in a fast paced-environment
- Advanced knowledge of the operational, accounting, credit, regulatory, market and technological risks within the various sectors of Subscription & Asset Backed Fund Finance and Financial Industry
- Demonstrated credit analysis and underwriting skills for understanding / tracking underlying transactions and counter party performance
- Market risk & modeling skills for evaluating trade positions and the related counter party risk exposures
- Demonstrated knowledge of credit policies and procedures, regulations and applicable law(s)
- Demonstrated track record interacting with the regulators, external and internal audit. Excellent written and verbal communication. Strong presentation skills. Superior project management skills
At least 9 years within Risk Management, Credit Risk or Internal Audit space, Consulting, Financial Industry and Subscription & Asset Backed Fund Finance underwriting experience also desired.
Bachelor's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field., Master's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location:New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street - SANNY - Santander NY
Job Posting:Jan 25, 2019, 4:10:34 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply