Credit Risk AnalystApply
Credit Risk Analyst-1900144
Administrative position in credit risk. Responsible for credit and counterparty risk monitoring, reporting of Financial Institutions exposures, as a member of the IFIs team within SCIB Risk.
- Review daily BSNY derivatives and short-term markets reports provided by Control, investigating and commenting to management on any excesses.
- Monitor and report daily trading activity in SIS to detect excesses over approved limits in accordance with SIS Credit Risk Operating Standards.
- Organize information on background of securities trading counterparties, researching in internet and talking to equity or fixed income sales team, as part of limits approval process.
- Maintain a pipeline of requests from front office to assure timely response.
- Create monthly report on securities trading activities in SIS and other credit risks of SIS.
- Reconcile data using excel or access as necessary to investigate data discrepancies and to ensure information integrity.
- Discuss data discrepancies with back office and IT as necessary and ensure corrections are implemented through persistent follow up.
- Maintain organized electronic files to facilitate audit requests.
- Support FI and AM teams in investigating problems in reporting.
- Assist in creation of codes and limits in the credit risk system for FI and AM teams.
- Assist in creation of PowerPoint proposals and reports to committees.
- Respond to trading limit inquiries from sales and trading by consulting credit risk system.
- Remind sales regularly of relevant limits.
- Strong attention to detail, strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to manage workflow to meet deadlines
- Willingness to take on projects outside of usual responsibilities
- Interest in learning about systems and how they function at Santander
- Persistence in following up on open requests
- Required: MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Desirable: basic understanding of derivatives, repo and securities lending products
At least 3 years’ experience in a bank in credit risk or trading. Willing to consider candidates with minimal experience depending on background and enthusiasm
BA/BS required, MBA/MA/MS a plus
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location:New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street - 06547 - NY Corp
Organization:NY SIS (T5700)
Job Posting:Jan 8, 2019, 5:28:30 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply