Credit Analyst Undergraduate Summer InternshipApply
Summer Internship Program Experience
Santander Bank’s Summer Internship Program provides participants with a meaningful, relevant work experience as part of their academic studies. In addition to daily responsibilities, participants may be provided special projects and assignments, and will have the opportunity to participate in a series of structured activities designed to enhance their learning experience including:
- Internship New Hire Orientation
- Senior Leadership Speaker Series
- Professional Development Seminars
- Community Involvement & Volunteering
- Social & Networking Events
Santander Bank is committed to identifying and developing strong early career talent for our future workforce. As such, dependent upon individual performance and the Bank’s hiring needs, participants may be considered for full-time opportunities upon completion of the Summer Internship Program.
The Summer Internship Program is a 12-week, full-time program which runs from June 4 – August 24, 2018.
Credit Management is responsible for the underwriting/credit analysis and management of the existing portfolio in the Global Corporate Banking (GCB) segment of Santander Bank N.A. The Credit Risk Officer III performs the underwriting tasks and proactively manages risk/exposure and compliance with Credit Policy for the assigned portfolio.
Primary responsibilities are the evaluation of the financial performance of GCB borrowers and proposing appropriate risk ratings as well as the review, analysis and recommendation of corporate lending transactions. The Credit Officer ensures compliance with established credit policy and underwriting standards.
- Preparation of proposal presentations for credit committees in the US and in Madrid.
- Preparation of pre-classification presentations for industry sectors or individual companies.
- Preparation of obligor risk ratings.
- Preparation of Annual Reviews as well as periodic Watch List/FEVE and HLT review presentations.
- Monitoring of industry developments for the assigned portfolio.
- Monitors credit quality of assigned GCB borrowers including but not limited to financial covenant compliance.
- Identifies adverse developments, early detection of warning signs.
- Obtaining internal approval for transaction amendments, covenant breaches etc.
- Review and maintenance of credit files.
- Coordinate with the business areas the monitoring of clients, sectors, business plans, meetings with companies, review of credit exposure.
- Ensure compliance with US bank regulations and internal credit policies & procedures.
New York, NY
Application Deadline & Timeline
Students must submit a complete application to the Santander Internship Job site by March 30, 2018. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis through early April.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Must have an expected graduation date between December 2018 – June 2019.
- Must have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours per week, for the duration of the program.
Note: U.S. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Major in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economic or related field; preferably with a CFA designation.
- Thorough knowledge of financial statements, accounting principles, financial modeling/projections and applicable industry data sources/research tools.
- Experience in industry analysis.
- Strong technical and analytical skills; strong attention to detail and strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple deadlines.
- Excellent oral and writing communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, with particular focus on Excel and PowerPoint.
Primary Location:New York-New York
Job Posting:Oct 4, 2017, 4:16:28 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply