Associate Relationship Manager - Mid-Corporates (Miami)Apply
The Associate Relationship Manager (ARM) will provide marketing and business development support to a direct sales team in commercial lending. Target clients will primarily be mid-corporate companies (revenues in excess of $250 million), as well as US subsidiaries of foreign corporations. Position may also have direct client responsibility and/or develop into a client-facing position with additional experience. The incumbent assists as a liaison between the Relationship Management Team, Internal Partners (including Underwriting and Credit), Vendors, and the client. The ARM proactively supports the Relationship Management Team in all existing and new client acquisition activities and helps to resolve complex issues. The ARM assists in the coordination of the credit approval process for loans or the sales process for non-credit sales, complying with internal policies and procedures. The ARM services and enhances the existing customer experience by using independent judgment in meeting the various needs of the client.
The ARM will focus on origination and business development activities, including client or industry research, credit analysis and preparation of proposals for clients. He/she actively consults with, and follows up with, the onboarding of all new clients. The ARM monitors key risk indicators within the portfolio of clients including, changes to the clients risk profile, industry developments or trends or service issues, and informs the Relationship Management Team. This position is also responsible for gathering financial and other information in conjunction with the Relationship Management Team to formulate strategies to generate revenue via credit and non-credit products. The ARM consults with customers in all aspects of servicing the portfolio, and takes appropriate action to manage and retain the portfolio.
The ARM position will be based in Miami, reporting to the Market Director - Southeast.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Minimum of 5 years of prior banking experience, within corporate or commercial banking
- Experience working with companies that generate over $100MM of annual revenue
- Credit experience
- Experience or interest in business development
- Self-starter, can do attitude, adaptable, problem solver, strong time management skills, solid interpersonal skills
- Able to work in a team environment and consult with clients
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical training and the ability to implement and interpret policies and procedures
- Strong computer literacy skills, proficient with MS office
- Ability to use independent judgment to solve problems
- Capable of managing a client portfolio.
- Internationalexperience and/or language skills (Spanish and/or Portuguese) beneficial
Primary Location:Florida-Miami-1401 Brickell Avenue - 06660 - Miami
Organization:Commercial Banking (4700)
Job Posting:Nov 16, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply