As a member of the Technology organization, you will be part of the team that serves the needs of Santander Bank, N.A., including products and services for personal, business and corporate customers. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to teamwork, and we encourage collaboration and innovation to be a smart, customer-focused and solutions-oriented organization
The Technology Team supports the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of all banking systems. This team has the expertise and commitment to develop high-quality solutions to meet the needs of a fast-paced and complex operating environment.
The Sr. Specialist, Business Analysis is a dedicated, experienced professional able to diligently provide ongoing support in the setup, maintenance, documentation and quality assurance of various products. S/he is tech savvy, has excellent verbal and written communication, excellent analytical skills and is eager to learn. S/he serves as a point of contact for inbound requests and prepares reports for senior leaders.
- Analyzes anomalies and create an action plan for data remediation.
- Analyzes current methods to determine efficiency gaps and areas for possible enhancements.
- Conducts research from internal and external sources to obtain most current information on existing customers including relationship hierarchy structure, industry codes, Tax ID, etc.
- Creates ad-hoc analysis in order to analyze key business issues.
- Creates advanced reporting and analysis through Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder.
- Develops and maintains key metrics through large volume data extraction and manipulation.
- Develops, optimizes, and maintains queries in MS SQL Server Management Studio 2008/2012.
- Documents procedures as well as offer and implement suggestions to enhance accuracy and efficiency of the processes.
- Ensures that documentation meets internal policy and guidelines on customer data.
- Gathers pertinent data and performs regression and other statistical analyses to help identify meaningful data relationships, Key Performance Indicators, and Key Risk Indicators.
- Identifies and recommends data improvements and opportunities to automate processes creating optimization and efficiency.
- Maintains detailed tracking of customer files for modifications.
- Performs quality checks and provides in-depth data analysis reports to analyze key business issues, and system defects.
- Supports data integration efforts across all lines of business with hands-on technical involvement in testing, scrubbing, and cleansing of data.
- Troubleshoots and escalates issues and/or process gaps.
- Bachelor's Degree; Business, Economics, Accounting, Statistics or equivalent degree,or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years;
- Experience in mathematics / statistics / computer science / accounting or related
- Experience modeling complex datasets in order to resolve an outstanding problem
- Experience researching complex problems and arriving at a viable solution
- Experience with marketing automation and web analytics software packages.
- Exposure to basic Financial Services and Project Management concepts a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Capacity for advanced problem solving and critical thinking
- Competent in creating complex queries involving multiple-table joins, union, sub-queries, CTE, temporary tables, outer apply/cross apply
- Demonstrated knowledge in Microsoft Excel, including but not limited to data transformation, functions/expressions, VBA, Macros
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Experience creating Tableau dashboards
- Familiarity with business cycles, both fiscal and calendar
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail,Intermediate to advanced knowledge of SQL coding language a plus
- Proficient in MS Office applications, experience with MS Project or equivalent an advantage
- Self-directed and able to flourish in a fast-paced environment
- Strong logical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change
- Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals as a result of changes in priorities or competing work demands
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
- Follows through to meet commitments to others
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious
- Initiates creation or modification of procedures, policies, systems or structures to more effectively meet customer needs and requirements
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of ones team to get work done
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow
- Organizes and prioritizes workload and tasks for oneself and team members
- Actively plans ahead for routine and cyclical work
- Understands rationale for change and adjusts schedules and tasks to make things work
- Anticipates and plans for changes in work schedules and assignments
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location:New Jersey-Holmdel-101 Crawfords Corner Road - 06368 - Bell Works
Job Posting:Dec 19, 2018, 5:51:03 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply