Mortgage Loan Officer - Elizabeth, NJ AreaApply
Mortgage Loan Officer - Elizabeth, NJ Area-1806307
Wow! Check Out What Santander Can Offer You Now As An Experienced Productive Mortgage Loan Officer
Aggressive Transition DollarsBonus Payments for Established Pipelines & Book of Business
Competitive Commission Plan
Top Tier Ramp Up Structure & Compensation
Exclusive Branch Referrals
Competitive Rates on Our Extensive Product Mix Including:
- Competitive Portfolio Suite
- Condo & Co-Op Lending with a Designated Operations Team
- Government Programs
- Outstanding Pricing on Jumbo
- Construction to Permanent
- CRA Loans
Comprehensive Benefits with Day One Eligibility
Generous Company401(k) Match
As a member of Santander’s retail banking division, you’ll help serve Santander’s retail & small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in Northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer & lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
Santander - A bank where Respect is standard.
Santander's Purpose - To help people & business prosper.
Santander's Group Aim - To be the best retail & commercial bank that earns the lasting loyalty of our people, customers, shareholders, & communities.
Santander Bank is seeking an Experienced
Mortgage Loan Officer for our expanding Mortgage Department.
The Mortgage Loan Officer is responsible for:
- Soliciting mortgage loan customers, industry contacts & groups to capture mortgage loan business.
- Interviewing applicants to obtain pertinent information regarding their loan needs.
- Initiating the lending decision process.
- Providing service to customers seeking mortgage loans.
- Ensuring compliance to Retail Mortgage Lending policies & procedures.
- Performing work in conjunction with outside sales including completing loan applications & paperwork & preparing marketing/sales materials.
- Updating databases of loan products for sale & referral services.
- Calling, writing & e-mailing clients or prospects.
- Assisting in coordinating marketing & training programs.
- Studying & evaluating new activities, policies, programs, services & markets related to business development strategy.
- Working with team members in Mortgage Banking Division & other departments to provide information for prompt processing & closing of residential mortgage loan applications.
- Maintaining current knowledge of trends & developments in local real estate market as well as regulations concerning residential mortgage lending.
- Providing service & overseeing all actions during the loan origination process for managing the relationship with the customer ensuring that the mortgage loan closes based upon mutually acceptable terms.
- Developing & cultivating self-generated referral sources & partnerships with retail branches.
- Managing mortgage pipeline, assisting customers, inputting applications, & reviewing financial and credit data.
- Preparing marketing plans & cross-selling other bank products & services.
- 2+ years of Retail Mortgage lending work experience is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in residential mortgage origination
- Knowledge of mortgage loan regulatory requirements & residential loan products
- PC proficiency
- Proven sales track record
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to assess financial needs
- Ability to work with minimal supervision is essential
- High School graduate or equivalent
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
In compliance with the requirements outlined within the Compensation Requirements under the Truth-in-Lending Act (LO Comp Rule) effective January 1st 2014; Santander Bank will now perform a credit check as part of, and in addition to, the existing background check for all positions where one must perform job functions of a loan originator as defined by the LO Comp Rule. In order to be eligible for this position you must have a valid US Social Security at the time of application.
Primary Location:New Jersey-Elizabeth-1 Union Square - 00052 - Elizabeth - Branch
Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001)
Job Posting:Nov 6, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply