Nonprofit Specialty Banking Relationship Manager - VP/SVP (NorthEast)
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government.
Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The Specialized Banking group is focused on delivering the bank’s value proposition to companies engaged in Professional Services, Business Services, Technology & Life Sciences, Not-for-Profit and Educational activities. The Commercial Specialty Relationship Manager will be responsible for the sales, service, and retention of complex and profitable Commercial relationships with companies within these specialized industries. Incumbents are responsible for new business development, portfolio management, credit quality, and overall relationship management of an assigned portfolio of commercial customers. You will work independently to manage and develop complex commercial accounts that meet the bank's lending requirements and maximize profitability while minimizing risk. This role acts in a trusted advisor role to companies generating ideas, advice and solutions, usually to the larger companies in the assigned territory.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as primary contact for new business development which focuses on the acquisition of complex and profitable commercial customers
- Sources prospects and COI's
- Cross sells all bank products; directs the coordination of product partners in the attainment of business plans
- Owns the relationship as primary point of contact
- Individual budget responsibility in alignment with Incentive Plan Goals
- Works in collaboration with credit professionals to produce written support of new or renewing credit exposure
- Works with compliance, credit review, and auditors to ensure credit extension is within policy and applicable laws and regulation
- Marshalls all product disciplines as primary owner of relationship
- Represents Santander in civic and community functions
- Mentors Financial Analysts, Portfolio Managers, and/or less experienced Relationship Managers
- Monitors credit quality within assigned portfolios and takes action when necessary
- Identifies, evaluates, structures and documents commercial credit transactions
- Participates in joint calls with business partners to develop customers
- Drives revenue growth through self-sourced opportunities within the upper-end / more complex universe of commercial customers and prospects.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Extensive background (7+ years) prospecting and relationship managing commercial/corporate clients in one or more of the following industries: Professional Services, Healthcare, Technology & Life Science, Not-for-Profit, and/or Education is MANDATORY
- Strong track record of success in new business development in one or more of the Specialized segments referenced above with an established referral network in place
- Superior knowledge of commercial banking products and services (both credit and non-credit)
- Significant sales/client interfacing experience demonstrating respect and positive attitude
- Proven consultative sales approach and track record of opening new markets/business development
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred
- Proven ability to manage high-end Middle Market Clients
- Ability to work independently and leverage professional relationships within and outside the bank
- Deep understanding of capital structures
- Deep product knowledge in all bank offerings
- Extensive knowledge of financial analysis, risk evaluation, loan documentation and commercial loan structures
- Full utilization of sales automation tools and related technologies
- Superior sales presentation, interpersonal, negotiation and written and verbal communication skills, evidenced both internally and externally
- Knows and is known in assigned geography
- Working knowledge of Capital Markets including Loan Syndications, Private Equity, Debt Capital Markets and non-bank loan alternatives.
Primary Location:New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street - 06547 - NY Corp
Other Locations:Rhode Island-East Providence-95 Amaral Street - 06359 - Santander Way, New Jersey-Florham Park-200 Park Avenue - 06400 - Florham Park, Massachusetts-BOSTON-28 State Street - 06560 - 28 State Street, Connecticut-Hartford-115 Asylum Street - 06546 - 115 Asylum Street, Connecticut-Stamford-400 Atlantic Street - STACT - Stamford CT, Rhode Island-Providence-One Financial Plaza - 06360 - One Financial Plaza
Organization:Commercial Banking (4700)
Job Posting:Sep 9, 2019, 1:16:11 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO