Sr. Associate, Technical Project Management (Information Security)Apply
Sr. Associate, Technical Project Management (Information Security)-1806946
Santander Holdings USA, Inc. (SHUSA) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Banco Santander, S.A. (SAN), one of the most respected banking groups in the world with more than 125 million customers in Europe, Latin America and the U.S. As the intermediate holding company for Santander's U.S. businesses, SHUSA includes six financial companies with more than 17,500 employees, 5.2 million customers and assets of over $135.1 billion. These include Santander Bank, N.A., one of the country's largest retail and commercial banks by deposits; Santander Consumer USA Holdings Inc., an auto finance and consumer lending company; Banco Santander International of Miami; Banco Santander Puerto Rico; Santander Securities LLC of Boston; and Santander Investment Securities Inc. of New York.
In support of the firm’s Information Security programs, SHUSA is making significant investments in building out Information Security, Cybersecurity, and Privacy capabilities. This role will provide project management leadership to a portfolio of Information Security initiatives that support multiple banking platforms. The position resides within the Cyber Security and Technology Risk organization and will have responsibility for managing overall projects and driving key business and technology-aligned deliverables, including business requirements, technical and user interface designs, testing, and overall planning
Technical Project Manager will be responsible for driving new capabilities and strategic change for Information Security in SHUSA. He/she has demonstrated experience in running large, complex technology initiatives in the banking industry. He/she will work closely with product management, technology, client service, operations, and business partners to deliver programs/projects to enhance global Information Security capabilities. This position will work closely with teams based in the New York, New Jersey, Boston, Dallas, and Spain.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manages multiple projects end-to-end within the program on time, on budget, and with quality as per scope
- Responsible for developing the project’s timeline, keeping track of programs and projects
- Development Deliverables, interdependencies with other systems and operating areas
- Ensures responsible parties deliver their assigned tasks in a timely manner
- Responsible for providing status and raising issues to Senior Management, Technology Management, and to Business and Technology Release Management as appropriate.
- Interdependency Tracking-Responsible for ensuring early engagement of cross-impacted teams such as Architecture, Information Risk, Tech Infrastructure etc.
- Supporting the development and approval of the project’s business case
- Managing project life cycle phases, such as Initiation, Development (requirements, design, build, test), and Implementation (implementation and project closure), including both Tech and Business deliverables.
- Facilitate and participate in the delivery process for major project deliverables including Project Plan, Business and Functional Requirements, Analysis & Design, QA, End User Testing, and Product Management deliverables.
- Coordinating and leading “virtual team” resources located in multiple global locations
- Preparing and presenting project updates for executive leadership
- Other responsibilities include: managing the change control process, overseeing the project’s financial approval process, managing project issues/ risks, developing contingency plans, and other activities in support of the team’s overall success.
- Responsible for contributions beyond typical PM role, including supporting Product Management, BA, QA and Developer activities
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- BA/BS in Management, Finance, Operations Management, IT/ Computer Science, MIS, Economics, or a related discipline. MBA or related graduate degree a plus
- 15+ years professional experience in a bank or other financial institution, consulting firm, and/ or software company
- 10+ years project management experience leading complex projects, valued at $1M or greater
- 5+ years’ experience in Information Security banking, a plus
- Understanding of systems development methodologies. Ability to direct and manage business partners, technology resources, subject matter experts, user interface design, QA, UAT, and all other groups involved in the end-to-end process needed to define, design and deploy product capabilities
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills. Proven ability to quickly build trust and rapport with others in order to structure problems, build consensus, and negotiate agreement
- Proven ability to manage large projects in a way that reduces risk, ensures predictable results, meets or exceeds its timeline
- Exhibits high-degree of creativity, self-motivation, and commitment to task
- Power user of office automation and project management tools including MS PowerPoint, MS Project, and Visio
- Experience in leading several complex system projects
- Expertise in project management discipline and techniques
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels
- Ability to be flexible, follow tight deadlines, organize and prioritize work
- Applies judgment and common sense; develops pragmatic solutions and plans
- Identifies conflicts in project schedules and works to resolve discrepancies
- Balances big picture implications with details around a specific problem
- Identifies key issues and structures problems independently
- Strong verbal and writing skills
- Strong team building skills
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Job:Technical Project Management
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard - 06367 - Columbia Park
Job Posting:Dec 11, 2018, 3:34:07 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply