Sr. Associate, Middleware ArchitectureApply
The Sr. Associate, Enterprise Architecture provides and recommends road maps, principles, standards and best practices for implementation. S/he is responsible for enabling the business and IT leaders to make investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands, disruptions, and opportunities with the strategic vision of the organization.
- Acts as a liaison between lines of business and IT to assist with identifying and resolving issues associated with systems and projects.
- Analyzes current information technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Anticipates future business challenges and recommends innovative technology solutions and options to senior leadership.
- Assists with the implementation of new Enterprise Architecture policies, strategies and procedures to support IT and other cross functional initiatives, as appropriate.
- Builds relationships and trust with key business stakeholders to understand business strategy and future needs.
- Collaborates with project management and IT Leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
- Consults with application and infrastructure development projects to fit systems or infrastructure to architecture, and identify when it is necessary to modify projects to accommodate the solutions architecture.
- Develops a roadmap for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from current to future state (as defined in partnership with IT/Business leadership). Develops understanding of key strategies, business drivers, and business objectives in order to research technology landscape and recommends enhancements of technology solutions to all levels of the company.
- Directs the governance activities associates with ensuring compliance with the enterprise architecture.
- Influences others at the operational level regarding new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Leads and delivers added-value through technology advisory consultancy and through guiding transformational delivery engagements.
- Manages and monitors large projects designed to assist with the corporate planning and projections, and special Enterprise Architecture projects.
- Mentors and guides individual solution and technical enterprise architects.
- Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws.
- Provides subject matter expertise to leaders and lines of business in Enterprise Architecture.
- Provides technology solution guidance and recommendations for business initiative projects across the enterprise.
- Reviews existing business processes and establishes metrics to improve business processes, as well as support of all architectural disciplines under their direction.
- Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Understands technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other team members.
- Bachelor's Degree; Computer Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, System Analysis or a equivalent field.
- Master's Degree; Computer Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, System Analysis or a equivalent field,or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 9-12 years relevant experience in middleware technology for financial services or related industry.
- Proven knowledge of working with Java technology, WebSphere, Weblogic and database are a must.
- Experience installing, migrating and upgrading of middleware technology from one version to another or one vendor to another vendor technology.
- Strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills related to middleware technologies that include but not limited to WebSphere Application Server, WebLogic, Open Shift, etc.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive issues/projects to closure.
- Ability to effectively communicate and build relationships with multiple levels of the organizational structure, including senior level management.
- Ability to lead, mentor and guide peers, subordinates and management.
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of enterprise application delivery mechanisms and requirements.
- Demonstrated experience of defining architecture and data management strategies to support the business' strategy.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, communication, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management and Data Governance best practices.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and information security practices.
[PHYSICAL DEMANDS] Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard - 06367 - Columbia Park
Job Posting:Dec 5, 2018, 5:56:55 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply