Manager, IT AuditApply
The primary function of the Manager, IT Audit is to lead the execution of the individual audit reviews and other audit activities included in the risk-based Internal Audit Plan, overseeing the work performed by the audit staff. The Manager ensures audits are performed in a timely manner, ensuring all audit quality and client relation standards are met, and courteous and professional behavior is observed in all situations.
- Assigns staff to complete specific audit tests and procedures.
- Attends professional training actions provided by the company.
- Demonstrates experience in managing and developing talent within the teams.
- Provides team members with on the job training.
- Develops a broad and comprehensive understanding of the business or area.
- Drafts the audit report/ conclusion document for the Associate Director/ Director review.
- Ensures assigned audit reviews and activities are completed within the budgeted timeframe.
- Ensures high quality, risk-focused audit reviews and activities, in accordance with internal policies, methodologies, and standards.
- Oversees audit staff as part of internal audit reviews and activities. As such, reviews and challenges critical testing and key work papers (planning memo, risk control matrix, etc.) prepared by audit staff as part of internal audit reviews and activities, including post-audit follow-up.
- Participates in the completion of internal audit staff performance appraisals, promotion recommendations, terminations, and professional development.
- Performs detailed reviews of findings, recommendations and ratings, prior to submission to the Associate Director/ Director.
- Plans audit reviews and activities with the assistance, where applicable, of the Sr. Supervisor.
- Presents, discusses and agrees audit results recommendations with business management.
- Provides consistent quality service to both internal and external stakeholders that meets the company’s standards.
- Reviews industry standards and regulatory rules and expectations to ensure they are incorporated into audit procedures and properly covered by the audit team.
- Vets audit recommendations with the Associate Director/ Director.
- Recruits, trains, develops, motivates, sets goals, and provides on-going feedback to a team of direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree Computer Science, System Engineering, Technology discipline, or related field.
- At least 7-9 years audit experience.
- CISA could be required; field-related certification (CRISC, CISSP, CEH, etc.) preferred.
- Ability to quickly learn new information technologies and systems in order to evaluate controls.
- Ability to train team members adequately to advance skills and knowledge.
- Analytical and problem solving skills. Detail oriented with organizational skills.
- Great leadership skills, teamwork skills, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Progressive decision making skills, making educated and timely judgments.
- Solid diplomatic skills with the ability to resolve conflict in a civil manner.
- Technology and computer skills, with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Time management skills and the ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously and in a timely manner.
- Understand Auditing Accounting and IT general controls (Computer Operations, Access Controls).
- Verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Addresses customer’s requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately.
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers’ needs and meet commitments.
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands.
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of one’s team to get work done.
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow.
- Proactively works to streamline processes and identify and eliminate redundancies.
- Contributes to the implementation of new methods, policies, processes, procedures, or techniques.
- Independently performs monitoring and testing of processes.
- Sees through complexity and detail to get to the critical issues at hand.
- Takes into account the wider context within which problems exist.
- Understands rationale for change and adjusts schedules and tasks to make things work.
- Anticipates and plans for changes in work schedules and assignments.
- Understands specific financial and accounting standards to identify and assess the impact and likelihood of operational risks.
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and present a rational case.
- Practice open communication with all levels.
- Be accountable by taking ownership of issues and responsibility for ones actions.
- Foster teamwork by cooperating and collaborating with other employees.
- Seek ways to make the workplace fun for oneself & others.
- Conduct oneself with Integrity by being honest, trustworthy and ethical in all work activities and interactions.
- Work with service orientation by having a genuine concern for the needs of clients and being friendly, professional and following through on commitments.
- Demonstrate respect and humility in all interactions.
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard - 06367 - Columbia Park
Organization:Internal Audit (8880)
Job Posting:Nov 20, 2018, 7:08:53 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply