IT Business Analyst Undergraduate Spring Co-Op (Consumer & Business Banking)Apply
Co-Op Program Experience
Santander Bank’s Co-Op Program provides participants with a meaningful, relevant work experience as part of their academic studies. In addition to daily responsibilities, participants may be provided special projects and assignments, and will have the opportunity to participate in a series of structured activities designed to enhance their learning experience including:
- Co-Op New Hire Orientation
- Senior Leadership Speaker Series
- Professional Development Seminars
- Community Involvement & Volunteering
- Social & Networking Events
Santander Bank is committed to identifying and developing strong early career talent for our future workforce. As such, dependent upon individual performance and the Bank’s hiring needs, participants may be considered for full-time opportunities upon completion of the Co-Op Program.
The Spring Co-Op Program is a 24-week, full-time program which runs from January 8 – June 22, 2018.
The Business Analyst Co-Op Role will provide the Co-Op an understanding of the business of technology. The expectation is that you will come out of this Co-Op with an understanding of what runs technology in a large institution. You will also gain some direct knowledge of Commercial Banking technology and could include exposure to banking functionality, vendors, and key compliance and regulatory requirements. You will create relationships within IT and Business that will help you grow during your Co-Op.
From a previous Co-Op:
“My Santander Co-Op has allowed me to jump outside of the ordinary and monotonous Co-Op norm – engage in a real job, and create real impact in a high-paced corporate environment built to succeed. The Commercial Banking Co-Op position available at Santander provides interns with vast exposure to every element of the project life-cycle, funding processes, vendor management, and the opportunity to lead and actively participate in the execution of technology related projects.“
Funding the bank for both Operational expense and Capital projects:
- Creating PPT with Business case
- Requesting funds via SAP
- Attending funding meetings
- Coordinate with Cost Management and Accounts Payable
- Taking Minutes during meetings
- Sending out Meeting invitations
- Creating PPTs related to the project
- Tracking project deliverables
- Analyzing data
- Coordinating IT players or Business Requirements
- Monthly Vendor Management meetings and SLA reporting
- Vendor Risk Reviews
- Ensure Application information is correct and updated as required
- Run reporting on risks impacting Commercial Banking
- Online Training required to ensure compliance with bank policies.
Some examples of key activities past Co-Ops have participated in:
- Assisted with a key Business Banking Project managing a “Request for Proposal” process, collating score card data, and attending vendor demonstrations.
- Manage Vendor licenses and have communication with the vendors (like Bloomberg, Murex, S&P, DataScan, ACI, etc.).
- Interact with Legal on contract status.
- Create business case and SAP requests for funding.
- Track funding against Budget.
- Attend meetings with Business and assist the Project Manager in any project life-cycle tasks.
Dorchester, MA or Holmdel, NJ
Application Deadline & Timeline
Students must submit a complete application to both the Santander Internship Jobs site and the NU Careers site by October 27, 2017. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis through early December.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Must have an expected graduation date between December 2018 – June 2019.
- Must have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours per week, for the duration of the program.
Note: U.S. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Major in Finance, Economics, Math, Business, MIS, Engineering or related field.
- Clear explanation why a role with SBNA CIO office would help with career aspirations.
- Highly motivated and results oriented with a desire to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and courage in their leadership style.
- Crisp communication skills with the ability to express facts and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing, interacting professionally, transparently and effectively with people at all levels.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to develop solutions to complex challenges.
- Ability to multi-task as required.
- Ability to work independently on special projects.
- This role does not require technical skills, however, candidates with some MIS or Testing background are preferred.
Other Locations:New Jersey-Holmdel
Job Posting:Sep 28, 2017, 2:06:28 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply