Associate, Data GovernanceApply
As a member of the Technology organization, you will be part of the team that serves the needs of Santander Bank, N.A., including products and services for personal, business and corporate customers. Our people are at the heart of everything we do. We are committed to teamwork, and we encourage collaboration and innovation to be a smart, customer-focused and solutions-oriented organization
The Technology Team supports the development, implementation and ongoing maintenance of all banking systems. This team has the expertise and commitment to develop high-quality solutions to meet the needs of a fast-paced and complex operating environment.
The Associate, Data Governance strategizes, defines and operationalizes the Data Governance program. S/he is also responsible for project management activities involved with Data Governance
- Consults with business teams to gather detailed, accurate and specific data requirements.
- Contributes to develop roadmap/methodology requirements to move from current state to future state.
- Executes data lineage, design data quality controls and prepares function and technical specification documentation.
- Identifies new ways to create value through business process improvements and technology enhancements.
- Identifies potential areas where existing policies, processes and standards require change or need to be developed to ensure Data Governance objectives are met.
- Initiates data quality efforts working closely with stakeholders to design, develop, and deploy process re-design and tool implementation, where needed.
- Manages expectations and builds relationships across all levels of the organization.
- Mentors the junior members on the team and help each to be able to function independently.
- Supports project management activities and provides project updates, risks, and issues.
- Validates and/signs off on data to the quality standards set by the managers and the Data Governance team.
- Works closely with developers to ensure that they understand the specification that deliver solutions for these specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree; Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Actuarial Science, or other equivalent field.
- Master's Degree; Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Actuarial Science, or other equivalent field.
- Ph.D.; Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Actuarial Science, or other equivalent field., or equivalent work experience;
- 5-9 years; Audit, regulatory, compliance, operational, or financial experience with Data Governance
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing business environment.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances.
- Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity, poise, maturity and precision both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence others.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees, including senior level management.
- Ability to lead and coach junior level professionals.
- Ability to leverage technology to improve and automate business tasks.
- Ability to maintain and report on confidential information in an appropriate manner.
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines.
- Advanced Knowledge of data governance best practices, structures, and frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge in creating, editing, modifying, sharing and restricting access to data, data tiering and data metering, and data remediation.
- Demonstrated experience in Data Governance, Data Stewardship, Data Quality, and/or Master Data Management within Financial Services.
- Demonstrated experience solving complex problems and driving multiple stakeholders towards implementable solutions.
- Strong attention to details and can analyze information quickly.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills, managing all phases of mid to large-scale Data Governance projects.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Dorchester-2 Morrissey Boulevard - 06367 - Columbia Park
Job Posting:Dec 31, 2018, 6:24:57 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply