Transaction Banking Undergraduate Spring Co-Op (Sales & International)Apply
Co-Op Program Experience
Santander Bank’s Co-Op Program provides participants with a meaningful, relevant work experience as part of their academic studies. In addition to daily responsibilities, participants may be provided special projects and assignments, and will have the opportunity to participate in a series of structured activities designed to enhance their learning experience including:
- Co-Op New Hire Orientation
- Senior Leadership Speaker Series
- Professional Development Seminars
- Community Involvement & Volunteering
- Social & Networking Events
Santander Bank is committed to identifying and developing strong early career talent for our future workforce. As such, dependent upon individual performance and the Bank’s hiring needs, participants may be considered for full-time opportunities upon completion of the Co-Op Program.
The Spring Co-Op Program is a 24-week, full-time program which runs from January 8 – June 22, 2018.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals willing to join our Corporate Banking team. Our co-op program provides you with the opportunity to learn about all aspects of Transaction Banking. As a co-op within the Sales and International team, you will be exposed to many critical business management disciplines, such as project management, strategic planning, business intelligence, sales incentives & performance management, process improvement, etc. You will also be part of a team that supports companies engaged in international business; either importing, exporting, or with operations in other countries. You will have daily communication with Santander colleagues based in other countries, so excellent communication skills are key. The role is ideal for any candidate who is interested in developing skill-sets in using analytics to establish more effective prospecting.
- Support various sales and prospecting activities to increase effectiveness of results.
- Assist in using analytics to uncover prospect names, assure their viability and therefore increase prospecting activities.
- Scrub portfolios to uncover cross sell opportunities.
- Assist with pitch books, proposals and other materials to increase client/prospect awareness and effectiveness of client contact activities.
- Assist with analytics on different topics as assigned.
- Work independently on projects and tasks.
- Analysis of international business market opportunity in the US with subsidiaries of foreign companies.
- Assist with performing research on different topics as assigned, mostly related to Trade and Foreign Direct Investment statistics, or specific commercial information about targets.
- Assist on the preparation of strategic initiatives for top management.
- Communicate with other Santander colleagues in different countries.
Application Deadline & Timeline
Students must submit a complete application to both the Santander Internship Jobs site and the NU Careers site by October 27, 2017. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis through early December.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Must have an expected graduation date between December 2018 – June 2019.
- Must have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours per week, for the duration of the program.
Note: U.S. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Majoring in Business, Finance or related field.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal. Spanish and/or Portuguese would be ideal.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and within teams.
- Eager to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- PC Proficiency of Software applications such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word. In particular with high skills in Excel.
Job Posting:Sep 28, 2017, 10:30:01 AM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply