Technology Auditor Undergraduate Spring Co-OpApply
Co-Op Program Experience
Santander Bank’s Co-Op Program provides participants with a meaningful, relevant work experience as part of their academic studies. In addition to daily responsibilities, participants may be provided special projects and assignments, and will have the opportunity to participate in a series of structured activities designed to enhance their learning experience including:
- Co-Op New Hire Orientation
- Senior Leadership Speaker Series
- Professional Development Seminars
- Community Involvement & Volunteering
- Social & Networking Events
Santander Bank is committed to identifying and developing strong early career talent for our future workforce. As such, dependent upon individual performance and the Bank’s hiring needs, participants may be considered for full-time opportunities upon completion of the Co-Op Program.
The Spring Co-Op Program is a 24-week, full-time program which runs from January 8 – June 22, 2018.
The Co-Op will primarily spend his/her time supporting the efforts of Internal Audit’s Capital Management (and possibly the Model teams). This will include reviewing, analyzing and testing various components of Santander Holdings, USA (SHUSA) capital planning and model processes. The primary responsibilities of the position include reviewing the governance structure and internal controls over capital planning processes (risk identification, scenario designs, operational risks, RWA, CCAR submission, etc.). Additionally, the position will support Internal Audit’s review of the model development, validation and implementation processes of Capital Models.
The Technology Auditor Co-Op will be responsible for assisting in the execution of CCAR related internal audits, including performing the following duties:
- Responsible for assisting in independent reviews of system security and data integrity.
- Examining business records and collecting information.
- Exercising independent judgment in identifying issues and assessing risk.
- Formulating findings, and reviewing findings with the audit team.
- Providing consistent quality customer service to both internal and external customers that meet or exceed the bank's standards.
- Assisting in the creation of risk assessments of business operations and processes.
- Communicating verbally and in writing with audit clients.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of controls in automated systems and perform automated data analysis to support the overall audit effort.
- Assisting in completing specific audit procedures and/or projects.
- Participating in the design of audit procedures to test the effectiveness of Management's internal IT controls.
Application Deadline & Timeline
Students must submit a complete application to both the Santander Internship Jobs site and the NU Careers site by October 27, 2017. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis through early December.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Must have an expected graduation date between December 2018 – June 2019.
- Must have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours per week, for the duration of the program.
Note: U.S. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Major in Information Technology or related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, SQL.
- Ability to quickly learn new software and systems.
Job Posting:Nov 13, 2017, 1:45:31 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply