Sr. Benefits ConsultantApply
The Sr. Benefits Consultant provides day-to-day stewardship of processes, analysis, complex data reconciliations, reporting, communications, program and project management critical to the operation of the Company's employee benefit plans and programs. S/he works closely with HR generalists, HRIS, Payroll and numerous external vendors to ensure smooth delivery of all employee benefit plans, programs and policies.
- Analyzes proposed plan design changes and associated costs.
- Assists with peer and industry benchmark analyses, survey responses, and preparation of program design comparisons to other companies.
- Collaborates closely with internal HR partners, other stakeholders and third parties to support the administration and communication of plans, programs and policies.
- Develops and maintains documentation of critical employee benefits processes and procedures. Identifies and proposes process improvement opportunities and innovations.
- Develops directly, or in collaboration of internal partners and/or third parties employee benefits education. Comfortable presenting information to employees at all levels of the organization.
- Identifies and recommends process or system improvements stemming from escalations and on-going activity.
- Monitors new and proposed legislation and regulations and summarized proposed impacts on the Company and/or the benefit plans.
- Performs final review and provides sign-off on data reconciliations and system configuration reviews of all internal and external administrative systems associated with employee benefits programs and costs.
- Primary point of contact for vendor relationships representing significant benefit spend and/or critical functions.
- Researches and resolves complex escalations from across the organization., Supports information requests associated with routine audits and government reporting, and governance committee meetings.
- Recruits, trains, develops, motivates, sets goals, and provides on-going feedback to a team of direct reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, business, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 9-12 years of experience in employee benefits administration; or any combination of education, training or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position
- 9-12 years of working knowledge of the technical aspects of employee benefit plan administration and the regulatory environment in which benefit plans are operated.
- CEBS Certification.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to manage complex benefit projects with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated technical expertise regarding applicable Federal and state laws and regulations governing employee benefit plans and programs
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and concern for accuracy.
- Excellent problem solving investigative and judgment skills
- Extensive experience working with internal and external partners on team projects
- Intermediate or advanced level computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook; includes the ability to produce reports and more complex spreadsheets.
- Progressive thinking, judgment, knowledge and associated task-oriented technical skills in a highly confidential environment.
Job:Benefits & Payroll
Primary Location:Massachusetts-BOSTON-75 State Street - 06366 - State Street-Corp
Other Locations:New York-New York-200 Liberty Street - 06488 - Liberty Street, Pennsylvania-Wyomissing-1130 Berkshire Boulevard - 06410 - Corporate
Organization:Human Resources (8590)
Job Posting:Aug 29, 2018, 5:11:32 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply