Sr. Auditor, ModelingApply
Sr. Auditor, Modeling-1803965
DescriptionThe primary function of the Sr. Auditor is to execute complex audit testing as part of internal audit reviews and activities surrounding model Risk. Provide support to the less experienced team members. The Sr. Auditor must perform testing in a timely manner, ensuring all audit quality and client relation standards are met, and courteous and professional behavior is observed in all situations.
- Obtain and develop an understanding of Model Risk Management concepts, such as model governance, inventory, documentation, validation and use, especially those associated with the use of models for valuation, risk management, decision support and other purposes across all businesses.
- Examines business records (model life cycle documentation) and collects information, exercises independent judgment in identifying issues and assessing risk as well as formulates findings and presents the results to the relevant audit team member.
- Executes control design and operating effectiveness testing across the model life cycle as part of internal audit reviews and activities.
- Conducts post-audit higher complexity follow-up tasks to appraise adequacy of corrective action taken by management to address audit recommendations.
- Documents audit testing and follow-up tasks in accordance to relevant audit standards.
- Attends professional training actions provided by the company.
- Provides consistent quality service to both internal and external stakeholders that meets the company’s standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- At least 1-3 years audit experience; OR 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Education; Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Mathematics, or other quantitative discipline
- Analytical and problem solving skills as well as the ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical modeling approach
- Technology and computer skills, with the ability to effectively use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint) and some ability with coding.
- Effective negotiation skills, and a proactive approach in communicating issues, while maintaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic and approachable style.
- Detail oriented with organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members
- Displays initiative, flexibility and focus to get things done
- Actively contributes ideas, suggestions, and constructive comments in meetings and discussions
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues
- Adapts quickly to change and makes suggestions for increasing the effectiveness of change
- Appropriately shifts attention and refocuses on new goals as a result of changes in priorities or competing work demands
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious
- Probes in-depth to understand the customer’s business needs, explores and understands the customer's alternatives and decision criteria
- Knowledge of Risk Management Policies, Regulations, Processes and Procedures
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues, has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within
Primary Location:Massachusetts-BOSTON-75 State Street - 06366 - State Street-Corp
Organization:Internal Audit US (SSY_8880)
Job Posting:Mar 19, 2019, 12:49:12 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply