Sr. Associate, Business Control & Risk ManagementApply
Sr. Associate, Business Control & Risk Management-1806721
DescriptionRisk is present in all of Santander’s activities and effective Risk Management is a critical component of the Bank’s success. Through application of the Bank’s Risk Framework and the continuous identification and assessment of risk, Santander seeks to ensure that all of our businesses operate inside of clearly established limits, are able to proactively quantify exposures, and take corrective action when required.
As a member of the Risk Management division, you’ll be part of a diverse team of talented professionals who interact with senior risk team personnel, business managers and other Bank disciplines in order to understand business operations and dynamics, and analyze, monitor, and manage related risks.
The Lead Risk Analyst – Issue Management Program is responsible for various activities relating to risk identification, articulation, and resolution management. Successful candidate will work to identify, assess and action various risks throughout the business line by reviews or control evaluation; also will participate in initiatives and recommend opportunities for improved efficiency, effectiveness and/or risk reduction. Will require collaboration with various stakeholders while influencing parties toward issue resolution aligned with strategic goals. Reports and escalates as necessary to risk management team (including 2nd line of defense) and drives cultural awareness/ education of risk management practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sustain and enhance Issue Management Program. Prepare executive level reporting of issue status and closure horizon.
- Through in-house training, become a subject matter expert on internal GRC tool.
- Track agreed actions and course correct with business as needed; become central point of contact for all Commercial Banking issues and resolutions.
- Ability to identify risk event root causes and influence corrections to reduce risk.
- Strong ability to articulate issues and controls using industry standard wording.
- Role will require the ability to challenge/ ensure completeness of work within Risk teams, as well as represented business line. This will entail coaching and motivation of others to reach goals.
- Business acumen and confidence to interface with second and third lines of defense.
- Risk Program Execution: Collaborate with various stakeholders to drive risk program forward/ over hurdles by facilitating changes where appropriate, within a managed authority.
- Risk Management Culture: Ensure that the appropriate internal risk training is being provided to the businesses line and influence the correction of design deficiencies.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years banking experience, experience in risk functions, specialized experience/expertise in business segment, or demonstrate the ability to perform at proficient level of competence to meet duties.
- Act as mentor and exhibit solid leadership skills
- Effective and decisive decision making skills as well as ability to build consensus
- In-depth research and analysis skills for more complex and critical data, interpret and communicate industry trends
- Strong communication skills to assist in influencing and directing a team and/or collaborating with various stakeholders
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Boston-28 State Street - 06560 - 28 State Street
Organization:Commercial Banking (4700)
Job Posting:Nov 9, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply