Sr. Associate, Business Control & Risk ManagementApply
Sr. Associate, Business Control & Risk Management-1807914
- Bachelor's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- Master's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field or equivalent work experience;
- 5-9 years;
- 5-10 years experience in the Business Unit.
- 9-12 years: Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing, Credit Management, relevant line of business experience and/or legal or regulatory experience.
- Risk Certification
Skills And Abilities:
- Ability to anticipate the impact of regulatory and other environmental factors and proactively take action to ensure the team/function/enterprise is prepared.
- Ability to build credibility with, collaborate with, and influence line of business executives.
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information resources within the risk management ecosystem.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external service providers to establish resource requirements, scheduling, assignments and service levels.
- Ability to constructively work both independently and in collaborative environments involving all levels of management and employees
- Ability to work with limited oversight from manager.
- Advanced knowledge of the financial services sector, particularly with the competitive dynamics and products in retail banking and risk management.
- Advanced understanding of the regulatory environment and how the risks of the products and services the bank offers are viewed by the Second Line of Defense and regulators.
- Demonstrated experience executing risk projects across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial services products and services.
- Demonstrated judgement in escalation, ensuring risk-based clear line of sight for senior executives into existing and emerging issues/incidents., Demonstrated thought leadership and application of operational risk identification and mitigation practices and procedures.
- Excellent analytical and complex problem solving skills.
- In depth research and analysis skills for more complex and critical data, interpret and communicate industry trends.
- Strong understanding of BSA/AML and OFAC regulations, regulatory expectations and industry leading practices.
- Superior project management skills.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributions.
- Understands and leverages team dynamics.
- Effectively conveys difficult or complex information in an easy to understand manner, by providing the big picture and illustrating important linkages Asks open-ended questions that encourage others to give their points of view.
- Ensures people receive the information they require, and brings the team together to share information.
- Ensures that all directs and colleagues have appropriate knowledge of risk and the regulatory environment
- Investigates and identifies the root cause and corrects items deemed non-compliant, regardless of pressures from business or management,
- Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services
- Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks,
- Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results
- Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects,
- Keeps up -to-date with external market events, pressures and regulations which may impact the organization and assesses whether similar issues exist in the organization
- Can identify functional and organizational implications associated with major trends
- Designs solutions to address industry activities that impact the organization,
- Monitors adherence to policies, regulations, processes and procedures within function and actively undertakes corrective action where necessary
- Understands end to end processes across the organization and how processes are integrated
- Has a practical knowledge of regulations impacting area supported
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Boston-75 State Street - 06366 - State Street-Corp
Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001)
Job Posting:Dec 21, 2018, 1:36:09 AM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply