Sr. Associate, Business Control & Risk ManagementApply
Sr. Associate, Business Control & Risk Management-1807693
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government.
Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
Responsible for risk management of the Transaction Banking line of business, specifically around online banking platforms, payments, emerging products, and additional cash management services. Works to identify, assess and action various risks throughout the assigned business line by executing defined risk programs. Executes, reviews, or evaluates controls via the risk and control program and participates in initiatives and recommends opportunities for improved efficiency, effectiveness and/or risk reduction. Evaluations will require collaboration with various stakeholders while influencing parties toward strategic goals. Reports and escalates as necessary to key stakeholders and drives cultural awareness/ education of risk management practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner with Product and Business Sponsors of new initiatives to ensure risks are identified and controls are in place to throughout development and post-launch
- Escalate identified trends, events, and incidents; provide insight to causes; and develop recommendations to mitigate.
- Identify areas that need improvement and/or areas where risk tolerances should be adjusted to align with heightened standards.
- Communicate remediation progress to key stakeholders, and influence decisions to align with heightened standards.
- Manage complex Operational Risk process evaluations.
- Shares expert subject matter expertise of payment and other product risk environments
- Role will require influencing risk mitigation actions and/ or challenging non-optimal decisions. Interactions will include all lines of defense risk teams and have authority to effectively represent the business division.
- Spearhead multiple risk programs and identify execution risks and recommend alternatives to meet strategic objectives, specifically around new products and product enhancements.
- Role has authority to negotiate with business on actions, process alterations, and quality execution designs and must influence business into better positions.
- Metrics Management: Participate in / lead initiative with business stakeholders in identification and creation of risk indicators/controls. Collaborate with business leaders to define data /metrics used to measure risk.
- Risk Management Culture: Consult (and influence corrections) with management regarding risks, exposures or control profiles and maintain contact with 2nd LOD peers to help define communications of risk culture/ tolerances.
- Minimum of (7) seven years banking experience, specialized experience/expertise in payments and online banking channels, experience in risk functions, or demonstrate the ability to perform at proficient level of competence to meet duties.
- Act as mentor and exhibit solid leadership skills.
- Effective and decisive decision making skills as well as ability to build consensus.
- In-depth research and analysis skills for more complex and critical data, interpret and communicate industry trends.
- Strong communication skills to assist in influencing and directing a team and/or collaborating with various stakeholders.
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Boston-28 State Street - 06560 - 28 State Street
Other Locations:New York-New York-45 East 53rd Street - 06547 - NY Corp, New Jersey-Florham Park-200 Park Avenue - 06400 - Florham Park
Organization:Commercial Banking (4700)
Job Posting:Dec 11, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply