Sr. Associate, Business Control & Risk ManagementApply
Sr. Associate, Business Control & Risk Management-1806750
Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government.
Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
Responsible for various Regulatory Compliance activities relating to Risk Management performance. Works to identify, assess and action various risks throughout the Commercial Banking business lines by supporting 1st Line of Defense in executing defined risk programs. Executes, reviews or evaluates controls via a Quality Control program and participates in initiatives and recommends opportunities for improved efficiency, effectiveness and/or risk mitigation/reduction. Evaluations will require collaboration with various stakeholders while influencing parties toward strategic goals. Reports (MIS and engagements) and escalates as necessary to 2nd Line of Defense risk management teams and drives cultural awareness/ education of risk management practices.
- Implement key performance metrics across business. Prepare executive level reporting of risk metrics
- Escalate negative trends observed; provide insight to causes of risk indicators out of tolerance levels and develop recommendations to mitigate identified risks
- Evaluate quantitative and qualitative key metrics against strategic objectives
- Identify areas that need improvement and/or areas where risk tolerances should be adjusted to align with Heightened Standards
- Develop portfolio of recommendations, communicate performance adjustment action to varied stakeholders and influence decisions to align with Heightened Standards
- Manage complex process evaluations across single or varied line of business lines with a scope of multiple risk domains, specifically Regulatory Compliance
- Expert Subject Matter Expert (SMA) knowledge, specifically re Regulatory Compliance, to coach entire risk teams and motivate others to reach goals
- Role will require influencing risk reduction actions and/ or challenging non-optimal decisions. Interactions will include all lines of defense risk teams and Commercial Lines of Business and have authority to effectively represent the business division
- Spearhead multiple strategic risk programs and identify execution risks and recommend alternatives to meet strategic objectives
- Highly visible and most complex evaluations communicating with diverse partners, in a leadership capacity. Programs will encompass multiple risk domains across multiple business lines
- Role has authority to negotiate with business on actions, process alterations, quality execution designs and must influence business into better positions
- Identify strategic quality initiatives and recommend changes or adjustments of program design to meet objectives
- Interact with team members throughout the quality risk program as a leadership role/ mentor to resolve various issues
- Implement design corrections/ improvements as needed
- Lead the development of risk management strategies that drive identification, quantification and mitigation, specifically relating to Regulatory Compliance risk within the business, while providing acute depth of knowledge or influence re applicable U.S. regulations
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of seven years banking experience, experience in risk functions, specialized experience/expertise in business segment, or demonstrate the ability to perform at proficient level of competence to meet Regulatory Compliance SME duties
- Act as mentor and exhibit solid leadership skills
- Effective and decisive decision making skills as well as ability to build consensus
- In-depth research and analysis skills for more complex and critical data, interpret and communicate industry trends; knowledge of Commercial Banking regulations
- Strong communication skills to assist in influencing and directing a team and/or collaborating with various stakeholders.
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Boston-28 State Street - 06560 - 28 State Street
Other Locations:Rhode Island-Providence-One Financial Plaza - 00473 - Tower Office - Branch
Organization:Commercial Banking (4700)
Job Posting:Nov 23, 2018, 5:00:00 AM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply