SBA Sales Director, Boston, MAApply
The Business Banking SBA Director will be responsible for the strategy, profitability, and growth for the Business Banking SBA Portfolio, which is achieved by managing the credit products and partner relationships for all Business Banking channels. Products include, but are not limited to, score-approve and traditionally underwritten SBA lines, letters of credit, 7A and 504 Loans. You will manage internal relationships with Business Banking Distribution, Risk, Operations, Compliance, Legal, etc. to achieve the desired portfolio growth and profitability, while maintaining acceptable SBA bank rating. The SBA Director will be responsible for the banks relationship with the SBA, ensuring Distribution partners in designated markets achieve SBA loan production and asset quality goals. Responsibilities for driving SBA volume include management of a team of SBA Lending Officers with oversight of pipeline, independent business development, SBA opportunities, and working with credit teams to ensure SBA counter-offers are considered, where appropriate. Manage the end-to-end credit underwriting process for government guaranteed transactions to ensure that all loans are promptly submitted and underwritten and that the loan structures comply with program requirements. Remain current on various government programs and convey necessary information to RMs, credit professionals, loan documentation, and commercial loan operations partners to ensure banks compliance with program regulations. Maintain strong relationships with Regional and National SBA and other government program agencies.
- Recruit and maintain a strong team of Government Lending Professionals.
- Direct key Business Banking SBA Activities, Products and Process initiatives across the Santander footprint.
- Lead third party reviews to ensure that RMs, credit professionals, loan documentation, commercial loan operations, and workout partners are aware of and in compliance with all current program requirements in order to achieve satisfactory 3rd party review
- Coordinates with executive leadership team to develop and execute the SBA credit product business plan and strategy to achieve aggressive portfolio growth, profitability, and asset quality objectives.
- Develop and Manage third party partnerships with the SBA district offices, CDCs, and other agencies across the Santander footprint
- Work directly with customer, RM, credit professional, loan documentation, etc. to ensure that applications are submitted promptly and that they comply with all Santander credit and profitability standards and government program requirements
- Oversee the business development & loan production of government guaranteed lending.
- Products by managing a team of 3-5 SBA Lending Officers
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience; 15+ years
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Boston-75 State Street - 06366 - State Street-Corp
Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001)
Job Posting:Dec 19, 2018, 5:44:46 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply