Law Clerk (1L) Summer InternshipApply
Summer Internship Program Experience
Santander Bank’s Summer Internship Program provides participants with a meaningful, relevant work experience as part of their academic studies. In addition to daily responsibilities, participants may be provided special projects and assignments, and will have the opportunity to participate in a series of structured activities designed to enhance their learning experience including:
- Intern New Hire Orientation
- Senior Leadership Speaker Series
- Professional Development Seminars
- Community Involvement & Volunteering
- Social & Networking Events
Santander Bank is committed to identifying and developing strong early career talent for our future workforce. As such, dependent upon individual performance and the Bank’s hiring needs, participants may be considered for full-time opportunities upon completion of the Summer Internship Program.
The Summer Internship Program is a 12-week, full-time program which runs from June 4 – August 24, 2018.
The Law Clerk provides support and assistance for the Senior Deputy General Counsel responsible for managing Risk and Compliance matters for the Santander Bank Legal Department. Role includes legal research and writing, situational analysis and recommendations, creation of presentations using power point, excel and word. Attend committee meetings and interface with senior management in the risk and compliance areas, and legal department colleagues.
- Review policies and procedures for the bank and holding company related to legal, compliance and risk areas.
- Contribute to Key Performance Indicators for legal in monthly Operational Risk Management Committee reports.
- Prepare ORMC submission for Legal and attend the meetings and take notes.
- Maintain case management system (Serengeti) for legal matters owned by Risk and Compliance team.
- Attend regulatory examination kick off, update and exit meetings and take minutes.
- Assist with the review and amendment of responses to regulatory examination and related matters.
- Analyze and make recommendation on Code of Conduct and Ethics matter including gifts and entertainment, outside business arrangements and personal trading.
- Prepare a matrix of state government banking official lobbying restrictions.
- Conduct other research and assignments as requested.
Application Deadline & Timeline
Students must submit a complete application to the Santander Internship Job site by March 30, 2018. Interviews will occur on a rolling basis through early April.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Must have an expected graduation date between December 2019 – June 2020.
- Must have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.30 or above.
- Must be available to work full-time, 40 hours per week, for the duration of the program.
Note: U.S. Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited JD degree program and entering second or third year.
- Highly motivated with the desire to exceed expectations.
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity.
- Crisp communication skills with the ability to express facts and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing, interacting professionally and effectively.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
Job Posting:Nov 13, 2017, 6:55:14 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply