BSA/AML Customer Relationship Associate, Business Control & Risk ManagementApply
BSA/AML Customer Relationship Associate, Business Control & Risk Management-1901395
Commercial Banking Santander’s Commercial Banking Division is an active provider of capital, treasury management and risk management solutions to thousands of small and mid-sized companies in the northeast and across the country. We also have expertise and provide service to specific industry sectors including real estate, asset based lending, energy, education, health care and government.
Our clients rely on the strength of Santander’s balance sheet and the degree to which our relationship managers understand their businesses in order to develop the most relevant and compelling solutions. In addition, Santander’s significant international presence in regions around the world uniquely positions us to help companies grow their business, both near and far.
The BSA/AML Customer Relationship Associate, Business Control & Risk Management (“Associate”), represents the First Line of Defense and is responsible for partnering with Customer Relationship Teams to ensure they are compliant with the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) bank policies and regulations during customer onboarding and throughout the lifecycle of Customer Relationships. The Associate will work directly with the Business Relationship Teams and customers to complete all necessary Customer Due Diligence. The Associate will also work to identify, assess and action various risks throughout the assigned business line by executing defined risk programs. Other expected responsibilities include partnering with Internal Controls to ensure strong internal controls capabilities and remediation of the internal control environment for the represented business line and/or functional area.
The Associate will work as a subject matter expert supporting Commercial Banking to ensure compliance with BSA/AML related regulations, Office of Foreign Assets Control related Regulations and the USA PATRIOT Act.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) on AML policy and procedures to the business; provides direction and guidance to employees and customers.
- Assists in the collection and initial analysis of AML data, reviewing documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance.
- Performs customer due diligence and KYC for Commercial customers.
- Analyzes and researches customer relationships using all available resources.
- Interacts with various stakeholders within the organization to gather critical information for decision making.
- Consults with the business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manage change to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assists with the planning, execution/gathering documentation and reporting of audits.
- Supports management in the day-to-day efforts related to compliance with laws, rules, regulations and related policies.
- Applies developing knowledge and supports the design, assessment, and/or administration of quality assurance programs, practices and policies.
- Develops training on policies and procedures concerning controls and risk management.
- Interprets regulations affecting control standards with large degree of independence and suggests methods of updating policies and practices to address any risk concerns.
- Leads operating process and internal control improvement initiatives.
- Manages complex projects that involve working with businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies.
- Partners with Internal Audit, Compliance, and/or Operations Management to share information and escalate issues as needed.
- Provides thematic analysis of issues for business to identify emerging trends.
- Reviews current policies and procedures to identify process gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Works with the business to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk.
- Bachelor's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- Master's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field or equivalent work experience;
- 5-9 years; Risk Management, Internal Controls, Auditing, Credit Management, relevant line of business experience and/or legal or regulatory experience.
- Risk Certification ideal but not required.
- Ability to build credibility with, collaborate with, and influence line of business executive team members, and customers.
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information resources within the risk management ecosystem.
- Strong understanding of BSA/AML and OFAC regulations, regulatory expectations and industry leading practices.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external service providers to establish resource requirements, scheduling, assignments and service levels.
- Ability to constructively work both independently and in collaborative environments involving all levels of management, employees and customers.
- Advanced understanding of the regulatory environment and how the risks of the products and services the bank offers are viewed by the Second Line of Defense and regulators.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and/or leading risk projects across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial services products and services.
- Excellent analytical and complex problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector, particularly with the competitive dynamics and products in commercial banking.
- Strong project management skills.
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner.
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions.
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues.
- Communicates the importance and benefits of risk management to counterparts.
- Displays natural skepticism and curiosity to question the status quo and uncover issues.
- Adheres to a good root cause analysis process.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members.
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results.
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported.
- Follows through to meet commitments to others and takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands.
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of one team to get work done.
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow.
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues.
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within.
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and present a rational case.
Primary Location:Massachusetts-BOSTON-28 State Street - 06560 - 28 State Street
Organization:Commercial Banking (4700)
Job Posting:Mar 8, 2019, 7:08:42 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply