Associate, Analytics & Reporting, Operational RiskApply
The Associate, Operational Risk supports the strategic development, implementation, and effective execution of the Operational Risk (OR) program, the key program elements of which cover: internal loss, external loss, risk assessment, business impact assessments, KRIs, scenario analysis / stress testing, training, awareness, and communication, issues and remediation planning, tracking, MIS and reporting, testing, compliance, and monitoring.
- Lead reporting and analytical related projects ensuring clear business and technical requirements are documented, comprehensive end-to-end testing plans developed and managed, and implementation is fully coordinated.
- Develop Reporting database, including automation of monthly updates, quality control checks and report generation.
- Master key sources of data and provide ongoing operational reporting using robust data mining skills (SQL, Python, etc.)
- Develop reports and dashboards with meaningful design and use features, including interactive filtering, sorting, and selection as well as various visualization techniques.
- Collect, Organize, maintain and distribute peer benchmarking data.
- Support the reporting solutions by monitoring production reports, resolving issues and performing root cause analysis as needed.
- Performs data mining and analysis to address key business issues. Demonstrate ability to present and provide meaningful business insights from data.
- Ensure all reports and processes are documented and have adequate quality controls in place.
- Bachelor's Degree; Business, Finance or equivalent field.,or equivalent work experience;
- Experience developing reporting solutions and analysis using business intelligence tools.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills with the ability to develop solutions to complex challenges.
- Superior communication skills - able to express facts and ideas clearly both verbally and in writing, interacting professionally, transparently and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- 5-9 years; Risk MIS / MIS
- Experience in developing and maintaining complex data reporting.
- Programming languages required – SQL, VBA, and Python
- Program knowledge required – SAS (Grid), SQL Developer
- Ability to adapt and adjust to multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Ability to adjust to new developments/changing circumstances
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency and drive issues/projects to closure.
- Ability to effectively interact with the market, executive management and vendors.
- Ability to handle conflict resolution with other groups to ensure appropriate accounting guidance is followed.
- Ability to independently operate in a complex, matrixed environment; adept at delivering and maintaining productive working relationships across business, functions, geographies and lines of defense
- Advanced understanding of key inherent risk and risk management control practices.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Strong risk management principles, methodologies and tools, governance principles and activity preferably in a financial services technology environment.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues,
- Communicates the importance and benefits of risk management to counterparts
- Displays natural skepticism and curiosity to question the status quo and uncover issues
- Adheres to a good root cause analysis process,
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members,
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported,
- Follows through to meet commitments to others Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands,
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of one’s team to get work done
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow,
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within,
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and present a rational case
Primary Location:Massachusetts-Boston-75 State Street - 06366 - State Street-Corp
Job Posting:Mar 14, 2019, 12:29:08 AM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SOApply