Associate, Underwriting & Portfolio Management
As a member of Santander’s retail banking division you’ll help serve Santander’s retail and small business customers as part of one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santander’s retail division offers consumer and lending products to help our customers reach their financial goals. Santander currently serves nearly 2 million retail customers and 5.2% of the 2.7 million small businesses in the US footprint have a transactional account with Santander Bank.
- Helps to structure deals.,Leads deal diligence process including identifying all key risks.,Manages legal aspect of deal process.
- Mentors junior resources on underwriting best practices.
- Oversees internal approval process including ensuring accurate and timely completion of internal approval write-ups and leading deal merit discussion on internal approval calls.
- Reviews relevant deal documents / information provided in data room, by Company / Sponsor, and third party reports.
- Bachelor's Degree; in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or equivalent field or equivalent work experience.
- 5-9 years; Experience with underwriting loan transactions.
- 5-9 years; Financial analysis, structuring, underwriting and portfolio management.
- Completion of bank-certified course in Credit Training.
- Ability to foster strong partnerships with the related documentation and underwriting units.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with little supervision,Ability to work well with others and on teams.
- Comfortable in customer contact situations including escalations and potential work-out/loan restructure environments.
- Demonstrated knowledge in financial modeling and able to structure credit in modeling environment.
- Able to assist RM's on how to structure the credit relationship.
- Demonstrated practical and conceptual knowledge of credit and risk analysis.
- Exhibits competency at independently reaching conclusions and forms clear view of credit structure and business risk to organization,.
- of Federal banking regulations.
- Must demonstrate strong judgment and sound credit skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Skilled in proposing and negotiating and recommending credit and covenant structures.
- Solid knowledge of loan and related legal documents.
- Solid understanding of industry nuances applicable to the credits contained within the group's portfolio.
- Strong analytical skills and proficient with financial statements.
- Strong communication skills, and ability to influence others by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas to gain commitment and agreement for proposed ideas and solutions.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking.
- Addresses customer's requests, ensures concerns are recorded accurately and action is initiated appropriately.
- Makes extra effort to satisfy customers needs and meet commitments.
- Builds and maintains one's network of contacts and resources and knows who to involve in problem resolution.
- Communicates the importance and benefits of risk management to counterparts.
- Displays natural skepticism and curiosity to question the status quo and uncover issues.
- Adheres to a good root cause analysis process.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change.
- Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members.
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results.
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported.
- Follows through to meet commitments to others.
- Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands.
- Identifies the component parts of a complex situation or problem and the relationship among variables that are not obvious.
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of one's team to get work done.
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow.
Primary Location:New Jersey-Florham Park-200 Park Avenue - 06400 - Florham Park
Organization:Consumer & Business Banking (1001)
Job Posting:Nov 21, 2019, 6:57:15 PM
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/Vet/Disabled/SO